Sunday, July 6, 2008

Will weighs 11.2 pounds- he's huge!!!!! Poor Hays, he still hasn't topped seven. I guess he's always going to be our scrawny little chicken. Paige went with me to the NICU and she told him, "Will, you're huge, you could eat Hays!" But he was very cute and sweet today. I met with one of the resident surgeons about the gastric tube procedure. I'm still not 100% sure that we're doing the right thing, but every doctor and nurse that I've talked has said go with the g-tube. I have to trust their advice, but it's hard. I'm just so afraid of putting him through another surgical procedure for no reason. But it's better than bringing him home and then having to turn around a couple of weeks later and having to put him back in the hospital to get the g-tube. At this point, we just need to do whatever it takes to get that boy home. My goal for this week is to get everything in order with home health care and the home nursing company so that we can go to the beach and come back ready for his homecoming. It's going to be a busy week and we're going to be ready to just sit on the beach for a couple of days after it's all said and done.

1 comment:

Lisah said...

Hi Cameron,
I just wanted to say hello and wish you luck with teh g-tube. Hopefully this is the last hurdle before will can come home. We miss you at TMMB!
Best Wishes,
Lisa (Lisah+4)