Saturday, July 5, 2008

I hope everyone had a fun 4th. We had a great time at a pool party thrown by one of the girls I met at the girl's night out with Jessica and the NICU nurses. It was a fun party and a couple of our beloved nurses were there and were fully impressed by Hays. Mason was completely taken with my friend, Susan's son, Noah and he followed him around the whole day. Unfortunately, that included following Noah into the pool when he wasn't wearing his swimmies. He found out pretty quickly that that wasn't such a great idea. I thought he would be scared, but he was mostly just mad that he couldn't swim like Noah!
We found out that the surgeons are planning to do Will's G-tube on Tuesday. That's good because it gives him a chance to heal almost completely before we head to the beach. They had to move Will to another room on the floor since his bathroom flooded. I don't know if they'll keep him in this room or move him back. Matt went down to see him today and he said Will was happy and doing well. There was some sort of malfunction with his ventilator. It kept alarming that something was disconnected when it wasn't, so hopefully they got that fixed. I'm going down tomorrow and I'll talk to the surgeons to ask them a few questions about the g-tube procedure. I just want to make absolutely, 100% sure that this is the right choice for Will.

No comments: