Friday, July 25, 2008

Today went pretty smoothly. It was busy, but not incredibly hard. My nurse that I LOVE was here today and that made it fun. I feel like I'm finally really getting a handle on Will's care and it's becoming routine. I feel pretty confidant that I can do what he needs and that I know what he needs. I'm still learning, but it gets better every day.
Today I had the kids all by myself this morning between the time Matt went to work and my nurse, Debi, came. Since Hays was sleeping I did Will's bath and then did his trach care all by myself! I've always had to have someone else hold the trach in while I did the cleaning, but I figured out today that it's actually easier to do it by myself.
One of the best parts of the day was sitting on the floor playing with the twins. They were both so cute and so happy and it was just such a normal thing to do. I told Debi, this is what I've been waiting for. I feel like we're really starting to settle in and funtion like a normal family, albeit one with medical equipment and a nurse!
Our afternoon was lots of fun because my friends came over with their kids for our "three martini playdate." Mason and the other kids had a great time playing with the other kids and all the mommies got to sit around and have cocktails and hold babies and gossip. It was just what i needed. One more day down, only 18 years to go!

No comments: