Wednesday, July 16, 2008

We're back from the beach. We had a fun trip. The weather was absolutely perfect, Mason had a ball and Hays was amazingly good. I have cute pictures and stories that I'll post tomorrow. Tonight I'm trying all the laundry from the trip done- I think I'm on load four!
There are also some new things going on with Will. A new pulmonologist has come on rounds at the hospital. We haven't seen him before, but he's aparently the top dog pulmonologist up there. He took Will off of CPAP because he said he doesn't think Will needs the pressure support and having it could keep the weak spot in his trachea from strengthening. He's extending his trach collar trials by a half hour every day with the goal of having him on the heat/moisture exchange valve (a little filter thing that fits on the end of the trach. It catches the moisture in the air he breathes out and humidifies the air he breathes in) during the day and just on the vent at night. With the valve, he's not hooked up to anything at all, so he would be able to move and crawl and walk with no issues or delays. I have to talk to the doctor tomorrow and get more information, but it sounds promising.

No comments: