Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Oh lord, the craziness abounds. Sorry I didn't get a chance to post yesterday to let everyone know that Will is home!!!!!!!!!!!! He got home late yesterday afternoon. He was pretty overwhelmed at first, but he calmed down quickly and was his smiley self. We had a great nurse during the day who really helped us. Our night nurse- eh, not so much. Sje was nice and seemed to know what she was doing, but every time I went in to check on him, she was asleep! One of his feedings was a half our late because she slept through it. Not cool. Then our nurse this morning was no great shakes either. She knew nothing about Will's equipment and didn't seem to be all that knowledgeable about kids with trachs. But she was at least another pair of hands- until she started throwing up. Yup, puking her guts out, over and over. So, I sent her home and the home health agency began trying to find us a replacement nurse for today and tonight. We finally got a day nurse who was really good. Unfortunately, we have no night nurse. SEcond night home and we're on our own. My mom is staying the night to be my helper. Matt sleeps so soundly, he's pretty much worthless at night! As an added bit of fun, severe thunderstorms are on their way, so maybe we'll lose power too. Wouldn't that be fun? Oh well, if we can make it through this, we can make it through anything. My sister advised me to think of it in the immortal words of the Grateful Dead, "The first days are the hardest days, don't you worry anymore. Cause when life looks like easy street, there is danger at your door." Let's hope the first days are the hardest, otherwise I'm running away from home now! I promise I'll post pictures tomorrow of the twin reunion. They weren't all that impressed with each other, but it was still cute.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Sorry it has not been a good few days. I am so happy you have all your babies at home, even though it may be overwhelming. Hope things get better soon. Keep in touch.

Laura Peters
STMH NICU

Unknown said...

How wonderful! It must be so great to have your entire family under one roof. :)

Melissa said...

We are thrilled that Will is home! Sorry home health has been a joke. We found this to be true in my mom's case as well. Good help is hard to come by so that's where friends come in. Let us know if we can help in any way! We are just a phone call away and I'd be happy to have Mason for the night if you'd like a night with just two boys. Hugs to you all!

Lisah said...

Cameron I am so happy you are finally all home together!!