Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!!!!!!!!!!

We're slowly, but surely getting better. Mason was almost his regular self today. Which, if you know Mason and his crazy energy level, is both a blessing and a curse! I'm still pretty worn down but I'm able to function, which is a whole lot better than a couple of days ago. Hopefully things are moving in the right direction as far as getting a night nurse goes. The home health care company is coming tomorrow to fill out some paperwork to submit the request for more hours. Pray that it happens quickly! My parents have been helping us out a lot (more than anyone should have to) but we're all going to wear down quickly if we can't get some help at night.
And everyone please send my mom happy birthday vibes. This wasn't the most thrilling birthday she's ever had, and we certainly didn't get to celebrate it in the fashion she deserves. But I can say with absolute certainty that there is not a better mother out there. She has been there through all of this, and without her support I could not possibly have made it through. She is absolutely selfless and she has more patience than anyone on the face of this earth. She gave my sisters and me a phenomenal childhood, and every day she guides me and helps me to be a better mother to my children. If I can be half the mother she is, I will consider myself a success.

No comments: