Monday, July 7, 2008

Thanks, Wal-Mart

Tomorow Will undergoes his third surgery. I know it's a relatively minor procedure, but we're still not thrilled about it. I hate knowing that we're fixing to do one more thing that's going to cause him pain and discomfort. Luckily, the pain shouldn't last long and he'll be back to his sweet, smiley self in no time. And Matt's spending the night with him tomorrow. I'm glad he'll have his daddy to hold him if he's hurting.


It looks like we've got everything in order with the home health care and nursing folks. We've got a discharge meeting set up Wednesday at the hospital, and the home health people are coming out to the house on Thursday. I'm anxious to have all the supplies and equipment in place.

I spent most of the day running around trying to get us ready to go to the beach. We had to make a Target run and I was looking for small toys for Mason for the car ride down. He's really in to superheros right now, so I was looking for a Superman action figure. He has Batman and Spiderman, but no Superman. Alas, poor Superman does not have a current movie, so you can't find him on the shelves. I settled for knock-off GI Joes at Wal-Mart. I didn't look at them all that closely until I got them home. But I realized upon further inspection that these guys had quite the arsenal. There were seven guys and 11 guns! And I'm talking big guns, not little pistols. It was a bit excessive for a toy marketed to children three and up!






The wanna-be GI Joes and their crazy arsenal!!

No comments: