Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I finally got to talk to a doctor at Egleston! Yesterday I was telling the nurse that I really felt like information regarding will's care had been falling through the cracks. We had been depending on updates from the nurses and we just weren't getting all the information we needed. I'm not knocking the nurses- they are great and take excellent care of the kids. The problem is that there are a lot of them and you don't always have the same ones. They don't necessarily know when something has changed about Will's care, therefore they can't relay that change to us. But even though it's not their fault, we have learned that we can't rely on the nurses alone to get the full story on Will's condition and care. Now that he's moved to the TICU I've asked to get a report from the attending physician if there are any changes at all. So today I got a call after the doctor did rounds to let me know that they had made small changes regarding his feedings and breathing treatments. I felt much better knowing that they're going to keep me informed. My parents went to visit Will today and they said he looked great. And Matt's dad said that he had a great visit with him as well.
Today was Matt's birthday- he's 30!!!! We didn't do anything huge, but we certainly celebrated. Mason told me last night that he wanted to make a special breakfast for Daddy's birthday, so this morning we made happy-face pancakes. Then Mason unwrapped all of Matt's presents for him! We had a birthday dinner at Matt's mom's house along with my family and ate tons of steak. I had asked Matt if he wanted me to throw him a party since 30 is a pretty big birthday, but he said no. I told him fine, but don't think that means that we're not partying for my 30th in August!

No comments: