Friday, May 2, 2008

May 2

Today has been a pretty good day. We took Hays to see the pediatric surgeon about his hernia, and he's scheduled for surgery May 20th. The cool thing is that since he has to stay overnight, they're going to try to put him with Will. It will be the first time the boys have been together since they were born.
Matt managed to stave off Hays' scream-a-thon by holding him for about an hour. I'm normally not a fan of holding a baby until they go to sleep, but I really can't let a four pound baby cry himself into such a frenzy that his apnea monitor is going off because his heart rate is too high. When he gets a little older, he'll have to cry it out. But for now, a little extra snuggle time never hurt anybody.
Will is doing well. He's had a good day and the poop situation is getting better. They've resumed his CPAP trials since he seems to be responding well to the methadone (little junkie!), and he's doing great with that. Matt and I are finally going to get to see him tomorrow, and I can't wait!!! I should be able to hold him tomorrow since he's already had his first trach change and everything seems to be going well. I don't know if holding him with the trach will be as scary as holding him on the vent, but I guess we'll find out.

No comments: