Thursday, May 15, 2008

May 15

Hays is the baby that never sleeps!!! He was up most of the day and never slept longer than an hour. I think his stomach hurts, but dang if I know what to do about it. He's already on Reglan and Zantac for reflux, and we're giving him simethicon drops for gas. But nothing seems to help except holding him and patting his back forever. This kid is wearing us out!
Will, on the other hand, was completely zonked out the entire time I was at Egleston. I held him and loved on him, but he never even opened his eyes. He got mad and yelled when we did his trach care, but he never really woke up. Little stinker. At least he was content. We're going to meet with his doctors next week to get a full update on the plan for his treatment, discharge, etc. It will be good to have a clearer picture of what to expect with him.
Matt and I have a big weekend planned. My best friend is getting married to a guy that I grew up with (I set them up on myspace!) on Saturday. I was supposed to be a bridesmaid, but had to back out when I found out I was expecting the boys. It's awfully hard to get fitted for a bridesmaid's dress when you're hugely pregnant with twins! So I'm doing a reading during the ceremony instead. Matt and I get to do all the fun wedding stuff this weekend. We get to be child-free for a few hours tomorrow for the rehearsal dinner and then Saturday for the wedding. Woohoo!!!!

No comments: