Sunday, May 4, 2008

May 4th

Today was another great day with Will. He was wide awake and my mom got to hold him for the first time. (That was one happy YaYa!) Now that he's awake a lot more, he needs toys so he won't be bored. I won't be back up there until wednesday, so we had to send Matt's dad on an emergency mission to acquire a bouncy seat with cool stuff to look at on it. He picked out an awesome one, and now Will should be set until I bring him a couple more things for his crib.
Hays had a good day as well. Brave Matt stayed at home by himself with Mason and Hays so I could go to Egleston with my mom. And both kids were still in decent shape when I got back, so yay for daddy!!
I'm sure a lot of you remember hearing about our sweet buddy Zach that passed a couple of weeks ago. There is a beautiful article about his family in the local paper that you can check out if you like. (Warning- it will break your heart!) The link is www.onlineathens.com and it's the first story that comes up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Zach's story is heart wrenching. It hits very close to home for me. Not only are my own daughters 26 weekers, but a friend of mine lost her sweet little boy, born at 24 weeks, when he was six months old. The NICU is full of sad stories, but it is also full of hope and the most wonderful families you could ever meet.

It is great to hear how well Will and Hays are doing.

~Malie