Saturday, May 31, 2008

Our Anniversary

Today is our fifth anniversary. In honor of that, and since I have nothing new or interesting to report about the kids, I'll tell you the story of how Matt and I wound up together. (Which is, conincidentally, how Will got his name)
Matt and I have known each other since sixth grade. We went to middle and high school together, but we weren't friends or anything. The summer of 2000 was the summer before my last semester of college and I came home to do my internship in Atlanta. I was living with my parents and Matt was living with his while he was going to school. Needless to say, we spent as much time out of the house as possible! That meant we both practically lived at our friend Will's apartment. Will was one of our very best friends and he was lots of fun to hang out with (sometimes too much fun!). Will lived with his brother and another guy. Two other friends, Aaron and Eddie, spent a great deal of time there as well. So it was me and this crazy group of guys all the time. I was bound to wind up with one of them, and one night Matt just started looking cute to me. He kissed me a few days later, and here we are eight years later! I thought he would just be a summer fling, but he hung around and proved to be a really good, honest, supportive guy. Really good guys are few and far between, and luckily I was smart enough to hang on to this one. We dated for three years, and got married five years ago, surrounded by all those friends from that summer. Sadly, we lost our friend Will suddenly and unexpectedly a couple of years ago. Had it not been for him (and his apartment) Matt and I would never have wound up together, so we thought it fitting that we name one of our sons after him. So that's our story (at least as much as I'm willing to admit to in print!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Cameron-Happy anniversary! That's a very cute story. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time getting answers from Will's doctors, but it sounds like he's doing really well overall. I'm crossing my fingers that he avoids a g-tube. ~Malie