Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday morning

Well, we had a great time at the wedding. The bride looked absolutely beautiful and I had so much fun dancing with my college friends and my sister. (Our husbands stood on the sidelines and looked kind of embarassed!) Yesterday was a banner day because I got my first real smile from Hays!! He was so cute. I was talking to him and he looked right into my eyes and then smiled. My heart just melted! And for the first time ever, Matt's dad held Will yesterday. Budda visits him every day, but he was an old scardey-cat and wouldn't hold him, but he finally overcame his fear of the seven pound baby and held him!
Another exciting thing for Will is that physical therapy is starting to work with him on bottle feeding. He's pretty confused at this point! He'll start sucking on the bottle, but then when milk comes out he gets kind of freaked out by it. They're going to do a swallow test Monday. That's where they add some dye to the milk and then do a scan to make sure he's not aspirating any of it into his lungs when he swallows. Hopefully he won't have any problems because we really don't want to have to go the feeding tube route.

No comments: