Sunday, May 25, 2008

May 25

We went to see Will today and he seemed to be doing well in the TICU. I got to see his home ventilator/CPAP maching for the first time and it's not that bad. It's not huge or overwhelming or anything. I also met a mom with a trached baby today. Her son is almost a year old and it was really helpful to talk to her. She said that caring for a child with a trach is not much different that caring for any baby. She said that it was easier and less scary than she thought it would be, so that was encouraging. She said that she and her husband take her son places and that it's not incredibly difficult to get out of the house with all the necessary equipment. She gave me some good advice about home health care, dealing with the insurance company, etc. I really felt much better after talking to her. She told me something that I already knew, but it was still good to hear- basically, you're going to be fine and it's all going to be fine. You will find the strength to do what you need to do because you are his mommy and you will do whatever you need to to take care of him. And we will.

No comments: